Rope clamp / grab
Intended for moving on fixed ropes (as a back-up belay), for hauling heavy loads, and as a progress capture device in hauling systems.
- Slides easily up the rope and jams when the cam is loaded.
- Slides easily downwards if the cam is prevented from engaging.
- If overloaded or subjected to an impact force, the rope may slip through the device.
- Locking pin gives greater safety: disconnection from the rope requires two separate actions.
CE EN 567
- For use on single rope from 9 to 13 mm in diameter.